In modern industrial automated production, it is necessary to identify and perform various detections on the products and parts produced. In traditional manual detection, the human eye usually cannot work steadily, and other physical sensors are also difficult to play a role. Eventually, people began to consider using optoelectronic imaging systems to collect images of controlled targets, then digitize them through computers or professional image processing modules, and then distinguish them based on pixel distribution, image brightness and color, size, shape, color, etc. In this way, the speed and repeatability of the computer can be combined with the highly intelligent and abstract capabilities of human eye vision, thereby generating the concept of visual inspection machine. So, what are the applications of visual inspection machine in industrial production?
Application of visual inspection machine in industrial automation production
1. Detection of appearance defects. Checking the quality of the product on the production line, this link is also the most popular application of visual inspection machine instead of manual detection. For example, in the scissors industry, the visual inspection of inductors and capacitors includes the detection of defects such as cracks, chipping, stains and deformation.
2. Guidance and positioning. Visual positioning requires that the visual inspection machine can quickly and accurately find the measured parts and their positions, and use machine vision positioning to load and unload to guide the robot to grasp accurately.
In the field of semiconductor packaging, the device needs to capture the chip position information obtained by visual inspection machine, and accurately pick up and bind the chip. This is the most basic application of visual positioning in the field of machine vision industry.
3. Identify. Recognition is the use of visual inspection machine to process, analyze and understand images in order to recognize various patterns of targets and objects. It can achieve traceability and collection of data, and is widely used in color recognition and character recognition in automotive parts, food, medicine and other fields.
Visual inspection machine is currently widely used in the pharmaceutical, packaging, electronics, automotive manufacturing, semiconductor, textile, tobacco, transportation, logistics, and other industries. Replacing labor with machine vision technology can effectively improve production efficiency and product quality.
Why use a visual inspection systems?
Five main reasons for using visual inspection systems in industrial automation:
1. Faster. The machine can detect products faster, especially when detecting high-speed moving objects such as production lines, which can improve production efficiency.
2. Higher accuracy. Since the human eye is limited by physical conditions, the machine has a clear advantage in terms of accuracy. Even if the human eye relies on a magnifying glass or microscope to improve inspection results, machine vision is still more accurate because its accuracy can reach one thousandth of an inch.
3. Lower cost. Because the machine is faster than people, and the machine does not need to be shut down, it will not be sick, and it can work continuously, so the visual inspection machine can replace manual detection. A machine can generally work for more people, so it can greatly improve production efficiency and reduce costs. .
4. Repeatability. The machine can test the product again and again without feeling tired. On the contrary, even if the products are exactly the same, the thickness of the human eye will be different every time the product is detected, and it will also be tired and susceptible to emotional influences.
5. Objectivity. There is another obvious shortcoming of human eye detection, which is the subjectivity caused by human uncertainty. The detection result will change with the mood of the staff, and the machine has no emotion, and the result is very reliable.
The above five main reasons are also the advantages of visual inspection systems applied in industrial automation production.
The characteristic of the visual inspection systems is to improve the flexibility and automation of the product. In some dangerous working environments that are not suitable for manual detection or where manual manual operation is difficult to meet the requirements, visual inspection systems is usually used to replace artificial vision; in large-scale industrial production processes, manual vision is used to check product quality, low efficiency and low precision The use of visual inspection machine can greatly improve production efficiency and enhance production automation, and visual inspection system can easily complete information integration, which is an important skill for completing computer integrated production.
For more information about visual inspection machine and visual inspection system, please visit our website:https://www.sipotek.net or http://www.topvision.net
Contact Person: James Yuan
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: +86 18666216027
WhatsApp: +86 18666216027
Address: 11 Building, Gangzi Industrial Park, Shajing Furong Industrial Zone, Baoan, Shenzhen, China