What are the common pin defects?
- Packaging Inspection: check whether the P / N and physical objects on the outer packaging or Label are correct
- Quantity inspection: whether the package quantity is the same as the quantity on Label
- Appearance inspection:
- Marking is wrong or unclear;
- The plastic and the pins cannot be firmly connected;
- The plastic body is damaged, dirty, deformed, has obvious color difference, scratches, and shrinkage;
- The plastic body discolors, deforms and peels after passing through the tin furnace;
- The pins are twisted, bent, misaligned, broken or missing;
- Uneven stitches, crooked needles, needle oxidation, rust
- The end of the pin is mushroom-shaped and affects the installation:
- Solderability test: PIN is poorly tinned, or not at all
- Installation inspection:
- Pins cannot be installed smoothly with standard PCB;
- The length of the pins exposed is less than 0.5mm or greater than 2.0mm;
What problems have been encountered in the pin defects inspection?
- The size of the electronic connector is small, and it is difficult for the human eye to accurately check the minute defects such as the number of pin feet, scratches, and deformation. The consequence is that the defective product is put into the production of electronic products. Quality problems lead to frequent failures, which leads to a bad experience.
- The factory needs a large number of quality inspection personnel. At present, the shortage of staff and high labor costs have become the biggest problem faced by Chinese factories. There are a large number of orders at once, but due to the lack of sufficient labor, some personnel without professional quality inspection experience are assigned to the quality inspection department, which lead to product scrapping and waste of resources.
So how to solve the pin quality problem?
Shenzhen SPOTEK Technology Co., Ltd. uses 16-megapixel high-definition CCD Sony industrial camera and a customized high-speed turntable inspection platform to inspect 200-400 pcs pin headers in one minute. This vision inspection machine can also quickly capture and filter subtle pin defects in 1 second. And eliminate the defective products.
The following are some pictures of the pin detected in the system:
Positive inspection analysis chart: OK
The analysis chart of the defective material in the front detection frame slot: NG
The side analysis of the good product analysis chart: OK
Analysis chart of side defective products: NG
Bottom inspection good product analysis chart: OK
Bottom detection pinhole defective product analysis chart: NG
If you are troubled by the quality problem of the pin and cannot find an effective solution, please contact SIPOTEK as soon as possible. SIPOTEK has focused on vision inspection machine for more than 18 years and is a professional vision inspection solution provider.